Mexican Stuffed Poblano Pepper; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. One large poblano pepper (mine weighed 6 oz.), top removed and seeded
2. 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
3. 5 oz. cauliflower florets, processed into cauliflower "rice"
4. 1/4 cup chopped onion
5. 2 tsp minced garlic
6. 2 T bragg's liquid aminos
7. One small Roma tomato, chopped
8. Cayenne, cumin, and oregano to taste
9. 1/4 cup salsa of choice (I used tomatillo verde salsa)
1. Sauté onion and garlic with a little water in a nonstick pan until soft. Add aminos and sauté about 3 minutes.
2. Add black beans, cauli "rice", and tomato. Stir with spatula and then add your salsa. Cook over medium heat until heated through and tomatoes are slightly wilted.
3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment. While oven is preheating, wash and prepare your poblano. Once seeded, start spooning the skillet mixture into the pepper, mashing it in tightly but gently. Do not overfill. I had some filling left over that I served over some spinach.
5. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until pepper is beginning to brown and slightly wilted. Let cool a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!