Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sweet cinnamon buckwheat biscuits

Everyone loves a good biscuit. I mean, how comforting is it to snuggle up with a good book, a nice fuzzy blanket, a warm mug of tea, and a nice plate of freshly baked biscuits?! Ok. Now I need to go make these...


    Sweet Cinnamon Buckwheat Biscuits. 



Sweet Cinnamon Buckwheat Biscuits; Vegan, Gluten-free. Makes 7 small biscuits. 


Ingredients 
1. 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2. 3 T water
3. 1 tsp baking powder
4. 1/4 tsp baking soda
5. 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce 
6. 1/4 tsp cinnamon
7. 1/2 to 1 packet stevia


Method 
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment. 
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add applesauce and water and stir well. 
3. Using about 2 T at a time, scoop dough into hands, roll into a ball, and flatten slightly onto parchment. Repeat to make 7 total. Bake uncovered for 13 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy! 


Note: these go excellent with either my cinnamon fig jam or raspberry his jam. Both recipes in previous posts! Go check 'em out! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna! I tried this tonight and LOVED it! I actually made it into one HUGE biscuit! The only thing I would do different is add more cinnamon! I'm a cinnamon-freak! ;) I am SO impressed with your recipes! All the ones I've tried have been fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete