Grain Free Spicy Mushroom Pea Risotto; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. 1 T bragg's liquid aminos
2. 1/2 cup frozen green peas
3. 6 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
4. 1/4-1/2 tsp chipotle powder
5. Garlic and onion powders to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp each)
6. 1/3 cup TVP granules
7. Scant 1/3 cup water
8. Romaine lettuce for garnish
1. In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine TVP and water and microwave for one minute on high. Set aside.
2. In a non stick skillet, eat the liquid aminos and sauté mushrooms and peas for about 2-3 minutes until mushrooms begin to exude their juices. Add spices and fold in.
3. Add now cooked TVP and a splash of water. If you want to add more chipotle spices, add it here. Fold in and cook for about 4 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with lettuce, and enjoy!