Sunshine Breakfast Sandwich; Vegan, Gluten-free option. Serves one.
1. 1 English muffin of choice (I used Ezekiel brand. Food for life makes a gluten free brown rice muffin, if you need gluten free.)
2. 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3. 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
4. 1/2 packet stevia
5. One small orange
1. Toast your muffin. I did this in my broiler oven.
2. In a small bowl, mash your chickpeas with some water. Add a little at a time to avoid making it too soggy. You want it workable, not runny. Add your vanilla powder and stevia. Stir well.
3. Spread your "cookie dough" on your English muffin toasts.
4. Peel the orange and slice in half, width ways. Arrange slices on English muffin, over cookie dough.
5. Place muffin on a foil-covered cookie sheet and broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until orange is beginning to crisp up.