Monday, May 19, 2014

Sunshine Breakfast Sandwich: Orange-Vanilla Cookie Dough.

It's a rare thing when I don't want oatmeal for breakfast. So rare, in fact, that before I made this sandwich, I can honesty say I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T have oats for brekkie. What can I say?! I love my oats. Mmm. However, this Sunshine Breakfast Sandwich has easily become a new fave. Super easy to make, nice and filling, and packed with protein, this is a yummy addition to a smoothie breakfast or a mid morning (or afternoon!) snack. 


        Sunshine Breakfast Sandwich. 



Sunshine Breakfast Sandwich; Vegan, Gluten-free option. Serves one. 



Ingredients
1. 1 English muffin of choice (I used Ezekiel brand. Food for life makes a gluten free brown rice muffin, if you need gluten free.)
2. 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3. 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
4. 1/2 packet stevia
5. One small orange



Method 
1. Toast your muffin. I did this in my broiler oven. 
2. In a small bowl, mash your chickpeas with some water. Add a little at a time to avoid making it too soggy. You want it workable, not runny. Add your vanilla powder and stevia. Stir well. 
3. Spread your "cookie dough" on your English muffin toasts. 
4. Peel the orange and slice in half, width ways. Arrange slices on English muffin, over cookie dough. 
5. Place muffin on a foil-covered cookie sheet and broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until orange is beginning to crisp up. 


                         So Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment