Thursday, May 1, 2014

Lemongrass Coconut Tofu

Back before I went vegan, there was this frozen dinner that I absolutely loved. I think it was Kashi brand...Kashi lemongrass coconut chicken. Oh boy was it scrumptious. Tangy and sweet paired with zesty black pepper. Literally a party in your mouth! 
The last time I was at whole foods, I saw jarred lemongrass that caught my eye. I can never use up fresh lemongrass quick enough...and it's so expensive! So naturally, I had to buy this jarred version. When I got it home and remembered I had an open can of coconut milk in the fridge, I had a lightbulb moment. Bingo. 
This tofu is super quick, super yum, and very versatile. I used mine in stuffed cabbage leaves, but it would be great over brown rice, in a salad, or in a wrap. 


           Lemongrass Coconut Tofu. 


Lemongrass Coconut Tofu; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. 4 oz. firm tofu, cut into small cubes
2. 2 T lite canned coconut milk
3. 2 T jarred (or fresh) lemongrass 
4. Dash of bragg's liquid aminos 
5. Garlic and ginger powders and black pepper to taste
6. 1 T shredded unsweetened coconut


Method
1. Heat a nonstick pan over low medium heat. Add your tofu and pour coconut milk over top. Add a few dashes of bragg's and stir together with a spatula. 
2. Add all your spices and coconut shreds. Sauté about 4 minutes. 
3. Raise heat to medium and cook until it starts to sizzle. Remove from heat and serve as desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment