Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sweet India Spice Soup.

This is a pretty strange recipe, I have to say. I randomly came up with this idea while I was driving. I mulled it over in my brain for about a month, trying to decide if I really wanted to make it or not. You see, half of me thought it would rock, and half of me thought it would be disgusting. Fortunately, the former was true! Go ahead and be adventurous and make this soup. Weird but tasty, I promise!


            Sweet India Spice Soup.  



                         Up close. 



   Want it even weirder?! I topped mine  with ground flaxseed. Yummers!


Sweet India Spice Soup; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one. 


Ingredients
1. One chai flavored tea bag (I used celestial seasonings Bengal Spice flavor)
2. 2 cups boiling water
3. 1 cup frozen spinach
4. 2/3 cup frozen carrots
5. 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
6. 10 drops liquid coconut stevia
7. 1 T ground flaxseed, optional for topping


Method
1. Place your tea bag in a moderate size bowl. Pour over the 2 cups boiling water and let steep about 10-15 minutes. 
2. Once steeped, squeeze out tea bag and pour tea into a small soup pot. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT FLAXSEED (if using) and turn heat to high. 
3. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir, and carefully pour into a bowl. Too with flax if desired. Told you it was weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment