Sweet India Spice Soup; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.
1. One chai flavored tea bag (I used celestial seasonings Bengal Spice flavor)
2. 2 cups boiling water
3. 1 cup frozen spinach
4. 2/3 cup frozen carrots
5. 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
6. 10 drops liquid coconut stevia
7. 1 T ground flaxseed, optional for topping
1. Place your tea bag in a moderate size bowl. Pour over the 2 cups boiling water and let steep about 10-15 minutes.
2. Once steeped, squeeze out tea bag and pour tea into a small soup pot. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT FLAXSEED (if using) and turn heat to high.
3. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir, and carefully pour into a bowl. Too with flax if desired. Told you it was weird.